Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My dog bite her tongue what should i do?

Well after i let the dogs out to potty i gave them a treat like i always do, my female chihuahua alwasy just lays with hers next to her before deciding to eat it, well that is a temptation to my St. Bernard who always tries to steal it. while i was in the other room my saint tried to steal it and my chi went and i guess tried to make her go away and in the process bite her own tongue, im uming that is what happened because unless she was taunting my saint with her tongue out saying nah nah nah nah nah nah i doubt my saint could have gotten her huge mouth inside my chis tiny one to bite her tongue...it bled alot for about 30 seconds and then stopped but being she is a chi she is very scared and over dramatic and screams bloody murder when she has the tiniest boo boo so idk how serious she ever is! i cuddled her and talked to her until she stopped whimpering, and now i cannto get her to take a treat or anything, i am sure thats because she is still very scared and one side of her tongue is a little swollen but i see no deep cuts or anything, i felt her entire body just to make sure my saint didnt injure her internally or anything and she only whimpers when i open her mouth...should i take her to the vet or just keep an eye on her? i mean if I bite my tongue and went to the doctor they would not really be able to do much so i am unsure what to do! I put her by herself in our bed and she is laying down at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment